Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov. 30, 2009








Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've written in my blog. Sorry, guys! We haven't really had much news...just been working and doing our duties here at Seminole Canyon. We are due to leave tomorrow but the weather may interfere. Snow is predicted for Comstock, about 9 miles from here, on Tuesday night, but we should be in G-town by then.
I am sad to leave Seminole Canyon, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to seeing our collective children and their families, and our friends around Austin.
I have enjoyed every single day we've been here, and we feel that nothing's too good for our favorite park. The park staff are close friends, and we will miss them sorely.
I put in a few pictures that I took recently. I thought I'd show you some fall color...see, the northeast doesn't have anything on us. We have ONE tree with some color! It's an oak tree by the restroom. We saw the cactus along the road, and I believe it's a pincushion cactus. The bird is a golden fronted woodpecker. It was right outside our dining room window a few days ago.
We did see something interesting yesterday morning, but didn't have the camera. We saw a hog nosed skunk rummaging around some rocks. He looked like any other skunk, except he had a wide white stripe all the way down his back and fluffy tail. Never fails...when you see something good you never have a camera.
We are packing things up and almost ready to go. We should be pulling out tomorrow morning about 8:30 am, after saying goodbye to the staff here.
We'll keep you posted! Thanks for reading our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment