Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family time, good food

There's not too much new since my last post. Yesterday we had the pleasure of having Gary's daughter and her family over for a barbeque. Food was m-m-m good. We had a great time and I brought the banjo out. The grandson had a blast trying to play it and vows he's going to learn how to play one.
Today I had the pleasure of eating at one of my favorite establishments, Chuy's on Barton Springs Road in Austin, TX--wonderful Tex-Mex food. I had a delicious Chili Relleno which proved to be too much so I brought a "doggie bag" home and enjoyed it again at dinner. Gary ordered a "Wild Burrito" which was absolutely huge, so he brought half his meal home, also. We took my daughter there for her birthday, which is on August 1. We'll be leaving for New Mexico and the cool mountains on the 31st of July, so we took her out since she works almost every day and was off today.
The blistering heat is back. We discovered that if we turned off all electrical appliances including the electric hot water heater, and ran the refrigerator on propane, that we could run both air conditioners without popping the breaker. It has made a tremendous difference. Some rain is possible tomorrow but we've not seen a drop here at Lake Georgetown. The roadsides and fields are brown and extremely dry.
It's been a very special weekend for me, although we unfortunately could not see all our children and grandchildren who live here, for various reasons. I am thankful for the visits we have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment