Friday, July 10, 2009

Hurry up and wait

We are sitting here in the Tiffin Motorhome campground, waiting to get our rig worked on. The campground itself is an abandoned airstrip, and the motor homes are worked on in the hangars. We have full hookups, 50 amp service, and even WiFi. Camping is free as long as the work is covered by the warranty. We still have quite a while to go on our warranty. The scheduled appts are booked up until some time in 2010. Wow that sounds like a long time in the future but it's only next year. We will be "worked in" as time is available. You know how that goes...at the doctor's office. We'll "work you in" when the doctor has time. Wait, wait, wait.

I have been watching dirt devils swirl around the campground. Sigh. I hate hot weather.

Antenna TV is limited to a few PBS stations, and some Fox stations. We haven't been able to get any NBC, CBS, or ABC. I hate missing my daily programs, like the Today show, and late night with Conan, or David Letterman. We're finally back in the central time zone and still can't watch the late night shows! We have a King Dome on our RV but it doesn't work since we had our TV box upgraded to Hi-Def. Some kind of rigamarole to get the King Dome set up for Hi Def. Which Gary hasn't done yet.

It's been exciting watching all the big, shiny motorhomes go past to the service bays. I've had plenty of time to practice the banjo. I don't seem to be making much headway with it.

That's about it for today. This is SUCH a boring place. I'm glad I don't live around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment