Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Helloooooo! Long time, no see!

We made it to Washington State, to my cousin Terry's house, outside Cinebar, WA. We've been here for about 4 days and haven't had computer access, so I'll let you know what's going on. We're in the shadow of Mt. Ranier and Mt. St. Helens, but haven't seen either of them because of RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!!! A couple of days ago, we went out walking with Terry and got rained on, hailed on, and the sun shone. How about that! Plus, it was cold and has been getting down to around 38 degrees at night. So we've been freezing. It doesn't seem as cold tonight as it has been.
Terry's been feeding us well: Smoked Salmon that he caught and smoked himself, Steelhead trout that he caught himself and baked in the oven covered with Mayo, lemon juice, and spices. You may or may not know that I don't like fish, but I had to confess that this was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!! Tonight we had elk steaks, (he shot the elk himself), and they were delicious. The only "fly in the ointment" is that Terry's wife Amanda, who I adore, had to fly back to Kentucky to take care of her aunt who is sick. I miss her very much and am so sorry that I didn't get to see her. We've been enjoying their beautiful house and surroundings.
We drove up to Spanaway, WA, to see my cousin Ann, who I haven't seen in probably 40 years. We had a great visit with her and her two lovely daughters, Anita and Karen. I really hated to leave her.
We're going to leave tomorrow and head out to PA. We'll stop at Hermiston, OR, for the night. There is wifi there and I surely hope to have better access because I have LOTS of beautiful pictures to share.
This is really pretty country. It's green and beautiful with lots of rivers and pine trees!
I can't wait to enter some pictures. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment