Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Hike








We decided to do our walking again today and I can't resist going up the mountain because it's so pretty. I love to take pictures of birds and wildflowers. I think the first wildflower picture is some kind of anemone, and the second looks like it belongs in the morning glory family. I took the berries so we could try to identify them, and we think they are chokecherries, although I wouldn't test them by tasting! We didn't see any animules but several pickup trucks passed us on the way up the hill. Gary said "Looked like the guys from Deliverance" to him, but we had our trusty little .22 caliber peashooter in his pocket. Might not kill 'em but sure would make 'em mad. Fortunately, nobody bothered us. On the way back down the hill we noticed storm clouds coming in, as you can see in the picture. Now we're hearing thunder and the clouds are getting closer.
Nights are getting cooler now, and it was 51 degrees this morning when we woke up. We ran the furnace a while just to knock the chill out of the air. The cat was very restless last night and couldn't get comfortable, walking all over me all night. Then about 3 am she got down on the floor and started retching. We got up and kept her over the tile and off the carpet as best as we could, then cleaned up the mess. Geesh. Sometimes it's hard to have a cat. After the episode, she jumped off the bed and I couldn't sleep because I was worried that she might get sick again. So I didn't get much sleep last night. Hopefully this will be her only episode for a while.
Today I am (trying to) make Hatch tacos. Got some hot Hatch chilis which had already been roasted, and cleaned off the black and got the seeds out, and wrapped a roast beef in the chilis. Maybe it'll be just like Chuy's!
That's all for today. We plan to go to Weed, NM, tomorrow and take some more pictures.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment