Monday, August 3, 2009

Falls on Rio Penasco

This evening, we walked down to the edge of the Rio Penasco River. By the time we were within 100 feet of the river, I could hear the rushing water. There were several waterfalls within the boundaries of the RV park. The river is no more than a creek, by most standards, but here in arid New Mexico, it's considered much more than that. The road which leads down the mountain toward Artesia follows the river, for the most part. I have enclosed some movies because I'm a sucker for waterfalls and the sounds they make!
We went up to the next campground to visit our friends, and I took the banjo. We had a great time playing, my friend plays guitar and another friend of his plays mandolin, beautifully, I might add. We had fun playing and singing, although I am still all thumbs. They were very patient, though.
Turn on your speakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment