Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day One: Kerrville, TX















We left Georgetown, TX, this morning, heading for "By the River" RV park in Kerrville, TX. It's located on the banks of the Guadalupe River. There's a low water bridge between the campground and a large island, with water flowing around the island. We saw several small waterfalls around the upper part of the islands, and the river finally smoothed out, as you can see in the above pictures. There were huge trees along the edge of the river, and you can see Gary standing in the hollow of one of them.
We had a good trip down here. Didn't see a single bluebonnet yet, though. I was interested to see the peach trees around Fredericksburg were beginning to bud out. Wineries had sprung up all over the area east of Fredericksburg. We didn't stop to check them out, but some of them looked like they were copying the decor of Italian wineries.
Tomorrow we'll head to Comfort, which is about 10 miles east of here, to visit my cousin and her husband from OK. They are camped here in Texas for a couple of months until it warms up in Oklahoma, then they'll return home. I am excited because another cousin whom I have never met happens to be in San Antonio and she's coming out to meet me, too. So it will be a mini-family reunion.
I hope our internet connection stays viable. I freaked out earlier because we couldn't get the Wifi to work for about an hour and a half, and suddenly it started working. I will add more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment